Skin Surface Telangiectasias (Broken Capillaries)
- What causes Telangiectasias?
- How does the laser treat these small superficial vessels?
- How many treatments are required?
- Small superficial red, blue or purple facial or leg vessels can be a result of sun exposure, use of oral contraception, hormone therapy, age, trauma or genetics.
- The Cynosure Elite Laser* emits a very specific prescribed dose of energy to the small blood vessel. The laser “selectively” targets the problem vessels while sparing the surrounding areas. After treatment, the vessel will slowly and naturally disappear.
- Typically only one to two treatments are required and results can be seen in 3-4 weeks. Treatment time usually varies between 10 and 20 minutes, depending on the size of the area requiring treatment.
- Certain conditions such as Rosacea warrant more treatment sessions, and this can be determined during the initial consultation with Dr. Sweis.